Less Spend, More Sales
17th July 2022
Welcome to the first ever edition of The Morning ACOS For Authors (The Morning ACOS for short!) This is exciting!
As a reminder, The Morning ACOS is a daily-ish newsletter where I'll be sharing the latest Amazon Ads tips, tactics, strategies and insights, specifically for Authors, that will take you less than 3 minutes to read.
So, if you're ready to take your Amazon Ads up a notch, without the need to stare at numbers, spreadsheets and data for 2+ hours a day, so that you can focus on your writing and all the other things you want to do in life...
...Then you're in the right place.
Let's dive in...
Less Spend, More Sales...
Back in May of this year, I took over an Amazon Ads Account from a client where they were consistently losing a lot of money on their Ads because they just didn't have their targeting or optimization dialed in.
I've highlighted in the screenshot below when I took over on the Account.
As you can see, the spend decreased but the number of orders increased. And that was just in the first 12 days of managing this account. The Blended ACOS (which includes both Sales & KENP Royalties) in May was 426%.
We had a big launch in June where we spent just over $15,600, generated more than 3x the Orders and 4x the Page Reads compared to what we did in May.
Even with this huge increase in spend from the previous month, I bought the Blended ACOS down from 426% in May to 235% in June.
Now, you may think that the numbers in the above screenshot for June 2022 look horrid! And you'd be partly right; they do look horrid!
What you have to remember though is that this client has an 11 book series (as well as multiple other series), Book 1 is permanently priced at 99¢, for part of June, Book 1 was actually free, and the new book, Book 11, was also at 99¢ for a few days in June.
The results of all of this...
- Book 1 moved into the Top 700 of the Kindle Store
- Book 11 moved into the Top 60 of the Kindle Store (even at full price)
- All the books in the series moved into the Top 2,000 of the Kindle Store
- And my client had an incredibly successful launch bringing more readers into the series, saw an increase in sales of other series of theirs, and earned a huge amount more than they spent on the Amazon Ads in June (into the tens of thousands of dollars)
All this to show, you must ALWAYS look at the big picture. Never look at Amazon Ads inside of a vacuum. Look at the impact they are having on your overall stats (i.e., Total Orders, Total Page Reads, Total Royalties, Bestseller Rank, Email Subscribers, etc.)
More spend, more sales, more readers.
To Your Success
Whenever you're ready, there are 4 ways I can help you:
- Receive The Morning ACOS For Authors (almost) every day directly into your inbox
- Learn and develop your Amazon Ads skills with Amazon Ads Academy For Authors
- Join other authors on a monthly Amazon Ads Group Coaching Call with me, as well as access to a private community to be part of the conversation, ask questions, help others, as we discuss all things Amazon Ads for Authors
- Read The 7 Day Authors Guide To Amazon Ads, a comprehensive book on my Amazon Ads Strategy (it's free to download to your Kindle on Amazon and also available in Hardback and Paperback formats)